Plage de Bois Jolan is an amazing beach with plentiful parking, lots of shade, shallow/calm waters.
Plage de Bois Jolan Quick Tips
- Sand & water color: White sand and clear turquoise water
- Other names:
- Best for: Relaxing shallow waters, less crowds, snorkeling
- Known for: shallow waters (perfect for little swimmers) and the plentiful shade.
- Lifeguard: none
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Limited parking so arrive early. Parking is right on the beach.
Where is Plage de Bois Jolan Located?
There is actually plentiful parking at this beach, which is a rarity near Guadeloupe’s beaches. Do not park at the main parking lot, go a little further!
What to expect once there
- There are a variety of food carts near the perimeter of the beach.
- Great snorkeling
Since the water is calm and shallow you can get some great snorkeling here. In the shallows, you may spot sea urchins, queen conch, and lots of small fish.
Make sure if you snorkel you have a waterproof phone case (I have this waterproof housing from amazon that works ridiculously well) and a good dry bag for your electronics. This is my favorite dry bag. I never travel without it.
If you want to be able to take over/under water pics you will need an additional dome housing. I have this one from amazon that connects perfectly to my axis go waterproof phone case and is expensive, but works amazing.
Pros and Cons
- Lots of shade
- Calm, clear waters
- Lots of parking available
- Fresh Coconut water available for sale
Conclusion: Does Plage de Bois Jolan up to the hype?
Absolutely. This was one of our favorite beaches in Guadeloupe.
Things to do near Plage de Bois Jolan in Guadeloupe
- Plage du bourg
- Plage de de la Caravelle (12 minutes away)
- Beach of Petit-Havre