Anse Laborde is a beautiful beach in Guadeloupe, located in Grande-Terre on Guadeloupe Island.
Anse Laborde Quick Tips
- Sand: Fine golden brown
- Water: Clear, turquoise blue
- Other names: Laborde beach
- Best for:
- Known for:
- Facilities: Restaurant nearby
- Swimming conditions: Strong currents and coral reefs. Overall moderate to swim in.
- Lifeguard: none
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Located within 100 meters (330 feet) of the beach
Where is Anse Laborde located?
It is located on the northern coast of Grande Terre in Guadeloupe.
Located within 100 meters (330 feet) of the beach.
What you can Expect at Anse Laborde beach
- Beach volleyball
- Laborde Beach restaurant nearby (amazing food)
- Strong currents
Pros and Cons
- Shade is provided by trees around the beach
- Water is beautiful
- Soft golden sand
- Good restaurant nearby
- Strong currents making it harder to swim.
- Not great for young kids.
Conclusion: Is Anse Laborde beach worth visiting?
Yes, as long as the strong currents don’t deter you. It’s truly beautiful.
Things to do near Anse Laborde
- Plage Du Souffleur – Great beach for snorkeling with much calmer waters
What to Bring to the Beach
Dry Bag – There are some lessons you just don’t want to learn the hard way. Ruining your phone, camera, or other valuables at the beach is a very expensive lesson to learn. This dry bag is amazing and works for any and all water activities.
Reef-safe sunscreen – The sun here can be very strong. Make sure to wear a reef safe sunscreen or a rashguard.
Rash guard or long sleeve swim top – I wear the one from Skims and I love not having to worry about getting burned when I am out in the sun ALL DAY.
Backpack or waterbottle sling – I am obsessed with my Beis travel backpack. I never travel without it. It is seriously the perfect size. Not too big, not too small. If you don’t want to bring a full backpack this waterbottle sling is my absolute favorite. It fits a waterbottle, iPhone 14 pro max, plus some extra space for bars or snacks or your wallet.
Packable snacks – I always travel with these That’s it bars from Amazon. OMG, they are sooo good and only have a few minimal ingredients.