Vancouver is one of those cities where your face is pretty much glued to the window the whole time; the views are incredible!
Vancouver Packing List
The weather there is pretty mild most of the year, but it still can get quite cold in the winter. We were there in September and October and it was in the 60’s and sunny…much warmer than we were expecting! All we needed was a light sweater or jacket, but I would definitely bring a waterproof jacket in case it rains.
Pack Lot’s of layers
Let’s get straight to it, whether you are there in the winter or summer you need to make sure you pack lots of layers.
The weather can change quickly and with rain most likely coming and going all day you want to make sure you can add a layer or take one away depending on the changing skies.
We got lucky and didn’t hit any rain while there but I still needed to wear lots of layers. It was significantly colder in the mornings than during the day. And even though it got warm during the day it remained freezing at night.
Clothes to wear in Vancouver
Fleece Lined Leggings
If you are looking for some great layering leggings I recommend these 90 degree fleece lined leggings from amazon. They are so comfortable and you can wear them for a variety of occasions.
For a weekend trip to Vancouver you may not be doing a ton of crazy hikes (at least we didn’t) but if you love the outdoors you may want to bring some hiking shoes. It definitely can get muddy on some of the trails.
Moonlight Pajamas – The only pajamas I will wear.
These pajamas basically ruined me. I was always okay just buying the cheapest pajamas I could find (Hi, Old Navy Pajamas). I would have never dreamed that I would one day be okay spending $65 on a pair of pajamas.
I found these on sale for $40, tried them out and now I can never go back. I have 3 pairs and it is taking all the self control I have not to buy a fourth pair! They are literally the softest women’s pajamas you will ever wear. Shop all Moonlight Pajamas & Sales here.
Here is a link to the shorts version.
Also, for those who are looking to get them on sale they almost always have them on sale now! You just have to be okay buying whatever color is on sale.
Waterproof Clothes & Gear to Pack for Vancouver
I recommend a waterproof jacket that you can take on and off no matter what time of year you go.
This coat is one of my favorites and it comes in a ton of different colors. I also love that it comes with a hood as I prefer to just put up my hood or wear a hat rather than having to carry around an umbrella the whole trip.
You will also want to make sure you have a dry bag or a waterproof backpack to carry around. Since there is a good chance it may rain frequently throughout your trip you don’t want any of your valuables, lunch, camera etc. to get wet. Especially since the majority of your time will be spent outside.
For the price, you really can’t beat these.
Business Laptop Backpack, Anti Theft Waterproof Travel Backpack with charging port – I love this one because I always travel with my computer, noise cancelling headphones, and cell phone. So having a built in charging port is a really nice added bonus. Check prices here.
A Dry Bag
Earthpak dry bag – These are a life saver and alleviate so much stress about whether the rain will soak through your bag and ruin electronics. I basically don’t ever take a trip without this. I also love that it comes with a waterproof phone case. Buy here.
Travel Toiletries List: Personal Items I packed
- Sunscreen (I never travel without it)
- Dry Shampoo (always) – Dry shampoo is a life saver, especially on vacation. A few years back I was desperate to find a dry shampoo that actually worked and didn’t leave my hair feeling gross. Now, I’ve found a few that work great! On trips I always bring these travel sized ones with me.
- Plumbing Powder
- Organic Avocado Oil (I use this in place of body lotion). It works AMAZING.
- Travel containers for liquids
- Shampoo + Conditioner
- Face wash – I never travel anywhere without this. It is by far my favorite face wash because it doesn’t dry out your skin and you can use it to remove all your makeup. Including waterproof makeup! Buy here.
- Body Oil – I can’t be the only one who gets ashy on vacay. This body oil is by one of my all time favorite beauty brands. All natural, no harmful ingredients!
- Body Wash – This body wash is amazing.
- Tooth brush and toothpaste – This is the best travel toothbrush and I love the bamboo case it comes in. I recently started using this and I actually kind of like it. All natural toothpaste I love.
- Razor – I have been using men’s razors for years now and I love them! They are so much better than women’s razors. I linked the one I use and turns out that I am not the only one that likes it! It has over 2,500 positive reviews on Amazon.
Free Rhythm Packing Cubes
Packing Cubes Travel Set – These are the best packing cubes for travel. I never travel without packing cubes. I am way to messy of a person for that.
Portable Travel Hard Make-up Case
This is the best way to store your make-up, hair accessories & jewelry.
This is waterproof, shake proof, anti-wear and spill-proof interiors. There is nothing worse than your make-up spilling all over everything. Or any eyeshadows, face powders, etc. breaking all over the place.
That is why I prefer a hard case over the soft ones they sell. These tend to protect your make-up a lot better from breaking or spilling. You can also use this to store your electronics.
Travel Camera Gear
Most of these are not necessary. But since we take a lot of photos on our trips we always bring our camera equipment and tripods.
- Waterproof Phone Case
- Camera – We have the Sony A7iii Mirrorless Camera and we love it.
- Lenses – Our main travel lens (wide angle) 16-35mm F2.8 (lower cost F4 version here)
- Travel Tripod – Joby Gorillapod (Read our full review here)
What else would you recommend packing for a 2 day trip to Vancouver?
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to share it with your friends! Thank you so much for reading.